What are my options if my degree is international?

You are here

Hey guys! I am going to Thailand in a couple years to pursue my bachelor's. There's a great school there that offers a business degree, as well as a bachelor TESOL (which is what I will be pursuing). I was assuming I would apply for EPIK once I graduate.

The school is internationally accredited. I don't know what the phrase is, but it also holds up to the British standard (ministry of education?). However, EPIK will only accept you if your degree comes from; the United States, the United Kingdon, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa.

(Source: http://www.epik.go.kr/faq.do?menuNo=339&faqCategoryNo=12)

I found Teachaway because I've been googling high and low about this. The article I found on here is that all you need to teach in South Korea is an accredited degree. Clearly I won't be able to go through EPIK. I'm not sure if GEPIK or JLP are more flexible on this. I also would prefer to work in a public school, but can you only work in a public school through EPIK/GEPIK/JLP? If I do have to work at a Hagwon, I'll make it work, but I liked the hours at a public school a lot better.

Has anyone taught in South Korea and gotten their bachelor's outside of the 7 countries that EPIK requires?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time!